Friday, July 12, 2013

slurpees & tow trucks

this week in a nutshell:
my good ole car, which i've had for 17 years and have personally put 290,000 miles onto, got unceremoniously towed away after getting totaled in a car accident a few months ago. sigh- i'm sad to say goodbye (cue a sappy 90's boyz to men song here) not just because it was a good car (which it was), but because it has been with me for all of my significant life's transitions in adulthood. it feels like it should have gone kaput by dying due to excessive mileage (i think it's final grand total was 301,338 miles) or a dead engine or something, not from a bad driver sideswiping me...but as my friend shauna says- it would have kept going forever otherwise! it went out in a blaze of glory... rip to my corolla tortuga.
7/11 = free slurpees from 7/11! so off we walked
and slurped!
studio mornings- experimenting with colored pencil on some of my oil paintings
back at deaf school with dear friends for summer "camp" 
(aka school plus extra safari themed props)
i can't even begin to explain how happy my heart is to see my girl with friends she's known since they were babies, surrounded by other kids with hearing loss. 
got together with these girls, who i've known and loved since i first mentored them back when they were freshmen in high school, yet now they are hitting 30! and having babies themselves!
the next generation- with a reluctant ruby refusing to show her face

supper club- our monthly-ish 3 couple supper club ditched our own meal preparation and headed in to a spot in sf for july's installment.
yumyum
pre-dinner drinks at a hipster bar

this little one still crawls into my bed in the morning to add on an hour or two to her sleep
the end of preschool for m!
she had her very last day at our preschool co-op,
which was bittersweet.
can't believe this girl is headed to kindergarten in 6 weeks!
no more "little" m.
(mommy sigh here)
not pictured, the less pretty moments:
temper tantrums from both my lovely daughters, my lack of work-outs this week, my downward spiral in the studio in which i had a mid-life crisis in the space of two hours, a nice "discussion" too late at night with matt (we did put our white flags up the next morning, but hey- marriage is a work in progress, right?), not enough showers for me...
you know,
just keeping it honest around here.

happy friday!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to those not-so-pretty moments - and I,too, wish I got more showers ;) summer just started and it already feels like its flying by!

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo