Thursday, September 24, 2009

like mother, like daughter

when i was an itty bitty child, my mom would try to read to me, but i would reject her and just wanted to read books all by myself (even though i couldn't "read" yet). 

looks like little m is following in my headstrong footsteps at the tender age of 17 months. i try and try to woo her with my excellent narration skills, but she usually wants to read books by herself, no mommy involved. sigh. i think it is a bit disheartening to the grandmas too, as what grandma doesn't want to snuggle up for storytime?

exhibit a:
auntie nancy reads bedtime stories to micah and little m.
notice little m reading her own book while micah enjoys goodnight moon.
micah pauses to mug for the camera 
(check out that cuteness!)
m is momentarily distracted by auntie nancy and then goes back to doing her own thing.

5 comments:

  1. Asher too. No interest in me snuggling him and reading. He snatches the book and pushes me away.

    I guess it saves me time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Pam will continue trying to read to her until she is................................18 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heart these photos.

    You go strong, independent girlie girl Monrovia. you don't need a man to read to you. oh wait-i don;t think that fits here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aiden's right there with little m. Maybe it's the age?!? I'll start a book and he'll slam it shut, tell me "ah da" (all done) then sit down and flip through one on his own. Ok then. Thought I had pretty good narration skills myself ... guess not in his ears. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. i frequently get distracted by nancy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo