Wednesday, April 29, 2009

{one}

on easter day, april 12th,
this little monkey turned one!
i can hardly believe it's been an entire year. 
what a full year:
bursting with such joy and sorrow and discovery, 
all mixed and mingled together.
but the joy wins out, every time.
just like the good overcomes the hard.
grandma made a cake!
{little m attacked it}
maybe the rest of us did too.
(can you blame us? my mom is a super amazingly great baker)
{dear sweet m,
you are a joy-bringer. 
you have taught me how to see and hear and feel new things. 
we love having you in our family.
i am so glad that you can hear me say that i love you.
because i do.
love, 
your mommy}

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that brought tears to my eyes. Happy Birthday, kiddo! And Susannah, I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. My mantra during the difficult times was always, "This too shall pass." I hope things come together soon, and good luck with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any leftovers to that cake, I'm on my way over. Just say the word.

    Happy Birthday to Little M! May her second year of life be as lovely as the first.

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm, looking for leftover cake. with pink frosting, my favorite!! if you see a piece that got away, please text me asap.

    Happy Belated, Miss M!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The joy is knowing little M can hear you say "ILY" out weighs the hard times...trust me I have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it's been a year. Happy Birthday Monrovia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Sweet M! You and your pink cake are just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    i'm now crying at my desk like a weirdo creepster.

    thanks.

    thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love to leave you a blubbering mess, lyds. that's my job.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo