Thursday, February 17, 2011

sweet surprise goodness

so, the other day, i got this comment on my valentine's day post:
hmm.
i had no idea who anonymous blog follower was!
i asked matt.
negative, he had no idea what i was talking about.

then, my brother aaron showed up at our door that afternoon, grinning from ear to ear and holding a huge stockpot inverted over a plate.
he announced that he was my anonymous blog follower,
and with a flourish, pulled the pot up to reveal the amazing and delicious surprise underneath.

you might remember that my siblings are very creative, 

remember this post?
well, my awesome brother made. the. cake.
and not only that, but he improved upon it. 
check out this amazing love written out on top of the cake.
and then, for the surprise inside!

sidenote: my brother has never made a cake in his entire life.
ruby is smart, so she's quick to try and grab some.
(of course she didn't eat any, my friends- what, are you crazy? she's 8 months old!)
so rad.
have a lovely and sweet day, my friends!

8 comments:

  1. WOW! that is awesome! you have a sweet brother! And for never having made a cake..shesssh hes definately good at it! Yummm...enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I can see why you rave about your siblings all the time. I need to go find me some cake....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my yumminess...that looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i heard about this...pretty dang amazing. I think aaron can do amything he sets his mind to

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I'm still staring at that cake, trying to figure out how he did it. :) So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That's seriously amazing! Especially for a novice cake maker! The next time my hubby asks for a cooking challenge, I might just have to suggest this one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo