Tuesday, May 24, 2011

why yes, it *is* a rap about cochlear implants

way back when m was just a baby, and she didn't have her cochlear implants yet, my little brother aaron would often take her on walks or babysit her. when he hung out with her, he would sing to her, even though she couldn't hear him with her hearing aids; he made up this awesome rap about her bionic ears. it was back in the days when we were fighting our insurance for her surgery, and hoping that someday she would hear something. i always begged him to record it for posterity sake, but it never quite worked out.

two months ago, when we had m's hearing birthday party, uncle aaron pulled out his bionic ears rap and performed it for us! (my favorite thing is that for weeks after m would talk about how she had bionic ears, and she would sing snippets of the song.)

the video may not be the best quality, but here, in all his glory, is uncle aaron debuting his ode to m's cochlear implants:

3 comments:

  1. I love him! Is he available for birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, etc.?

    Okay, I just noticed that "Benjamin" and "Monrovia" have the same number of letters, so now I have "B-E-N-J-A-M-I-N" totally stuck in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- love that. i thought you might like this, julia. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo