Wednesday, November 28, 2012

sometimes...

actually - most of the time - being a mom is awesome.
like when you walk in on your kid and she's obsessed with a book about johnny cash 
and poring over it like it's her job?

this is my kid last month:
i don't know; it makes me feel like i'm doing something right.

that and when she looks at me today and says, "mom, i' love being in this family. i love you so much mom."
gold star, daughter of mine!
(it almost makes up for her insanity at bedtime tonight as she and ruby had a two person dance party in their pajamas, toothbrushes in hand. objectively i am sure they were darling prancing and hopping around in giggly hysterics, but i was not feeling it as the clock ticked ever onward and i was ready to tap out of mommyland.)

also, somewhat related in the perks of being a mom category, i can't complain that my babies are super snugglers. nature or nurture, who knows, but these girls know how to win me over every time:

2 comments:

  1. M pouring over Johnny Cash might make THIS my favorite post. I felt the same time when Henry, at 2, would sing Ring of Fire in his crib when he woke up from his nap. I did not, however, manage to make any snugglers yet. Nature is failing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing SO many things right, you wonderful mama you. i love that you enjoy your girls so much (while also being so real about the not so enjoyable parts!). xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo