Thursday, November 22, 2012

{thankful}


“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”― Deitrich Bonhoeffer



Grateful ~

for the goodness and beauty that ultimately triumphs over life's dark moments

for the laughter of my daughters playing together

for the gift of a healthy strong body

for those in my life who have survived or are still battling cancer

for a God who takes me as i am, flawed but trying to follow in the way of jesus

for my family through blood
my family through marriage
my family through friendship

for the moments of quiet after my children go to sleep

for ten years of marriage + partnership with my best friend, and for the safety of vows that allow for discord and reconciliation, for laughter and tears, for yesterday and tomorrow

for a husband who believes in me, champions me, and makes really good food for me

for the eggs our chickens give us daily

for the right to vote + work towards a better world

for nonfat lattes

for real mail + magazines in my mailbox

for the neverending miracle of cochlear implants, and a daughter who is deaf but never stops talking

for close by friends and far away friends

for the supercute + nonfunctional things that make a day a little prettier

for two children who are both so delightful and completely unique individuals

for a home that is a haven

for friends who live close to make living in an urban space sustainable

for creativity in making, playing, cooking

for those of you who read this blog

for good friends who share half a lifetime of history
for new friends who open up your world

for a job that lets me still be with my girls in the daytime

for a studio and time to work and think and paint

for the imagination of my two children - for their world of make believe + pretend

for the joy of living in proximity to my mom

for the hope of a new day every morning

and for so much more

happy thanksgiving to you and yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo