Wednesday, January 28, 2009

happy to be in the studio


i've finally gotten back into going to the studio on a regular basis. ah, makes me happy. it's sort of the epitome of good but hard, and if you are an artist, or at least an artist who struggles through the process of making things, you know what i mean. 

been thinking about these two painters, and love these thoughts about painting:

Images also help me find and realise ideas. I look at hundreds of very different, contrasting images and I pinch details from them, rather like people who eat from other people’s plates.
-- Francis Bacon

I do hope I play out the contradictions that I feel, all the anxieties and dilemmas. If they're there in the work, then that's brilliant.
-- Jenny Saville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo