Monday, November 10, 2008

good words



today, while driving and listening to "the world" on npr, i heard a remembrance of the south african singer miriam makeba, who died this week at the age of 76. i heard her speak the following words and thought they were very powerful:

"Honestly, I'm just a little old lady, a little old singer, I'm not a politician, I'm not an economist, or anything of the sort. I just wish that people can be soldiers. We can all be soldiers, soldiers not to fight against each other but to fight against poverty, illnesses, disease, and greed, and all the ills of the world, you know just be an army for all goodness."

1 comment:

Hi friends! This is where you talk back to me. :) Easy peasy: write your comment, then scroll down where it says "comment as" to identify yourself (if you want to just write your name click Name/URL or just click anonymous. xoxoxoxo